Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Serenity's first post

     Hola, people!

Today, I will be giving you a little more info about me, but nothing super personal, so don't get all excited. I won't be revealing the name of the guy I like (only that his younger brothers first name starts with an M) nor will I be telling you my life story -thus far a pretty boring one.

Okay, first off, I've been homeschooled all my life (darn dictionary's trying to tell me "homeschooled" isn't a word. It is, trust me, I'm the Doctor. Er, I mean I'm homeschooled) and believe me, homeschooling (oh, sure, "homeschoolING"is a word, but not "homeschoolED"XP) homeschooling is DA BOMB. Nuff said on that.


I am a part of many weekly activities including ESCHEL, a homeschool (it is too a word, dumb dictionary) co-op, Teens For Christ (TFC) Bible Club, Worship Dance, 12:2 Youth Group, Junior Swim Team, and Bible Quizzing. These are all awesome organization group activity thingies :D and if you live in the Stillwater/St. Paul area you should check them out!


I have two parents, four sisters, one brother (yes, Jonathan is the only boy. He's also the youngest and enjoys dress up, the color pink, and wanted to be a fairy princess for Halloween), two cats (Molly and Tiggy. Tiggy's adorable and Molly's fat) and a dog (Julie. She's the sweetest puppy ever and I like her a lot, but she's still a dog...)


Here's a little baby paragraph about the guy I like. I don't know his middle name. He's got brown hair. The shirt he was wearing last time I saw him was green and was a shirt from a certain camp. He goes to SCPA. And that's all you're gonna know about him (unless you already know who he is, in which case you know all the above stuff already and more) until I decide to tell you more (which could be my next post, next year, whenever I stop liking him, or never.)


I LLLOOOVVVEEE just words in general. I love reading and writing. They are like my life (along with school, chores, eating, friends, Bible Quizzing, and attempting to keep my room semi-clean.) I love writing poems, stories, reports, essays, research papers, reviews, letters, random paragraphs, and lists. Yup. I am really in to writing lists. Like to-do lists. I'll have like 10 things on my list and I'm like, "Okay, I'm gonna breeze through my schoolwork and chores today so I can focus on the upcoming party." *determined nod* Then I get on the computer (hey, people!) to do my math and end up typing up a whole blog post.

Sad, right? Oh, well, one of these days I'll have enough self-control to keep my mouse pointer thing away from the Google Chrome icon until after my math. I actually once (it didn't work, btw) tried to reward myself when I was trying to type up a five paragraph essay. I was having a hard time getting my words down (mostly cause I kept pausing to watch Studio C...) and decided that I could watch a video every five sentences I write. It worked...once. I typed up five sentences (barely) and watched my video...and it kind of fell apart after that:P So, I decided I should probably (Hey, guys, is it just me, or do I interrupt myself a lot?) come up with a new reward system. Oh, well:P


I also love reading, as I mentioned before. My favorite book is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and my favorite author is...Jane Austen, I guess:) I especially love Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion. I also love Charles Dickens, especially Great Expectations (it's my favorite Charles Dickens book as well as one of my top ten books.) (I'm reading Nicholas Nickleby right now.) I also enjoy J.R.R.Tolkien (especially Return of the King[ROTK]), L.M.Montgomery (especially Anne of Green Gables and the whole Anne series:D), C.S.Lewis (sorry, I've got a thing for initials, or something) especially The Horse and His Boy, and Lemony Snicket (outsider...) especially...well, the Series of Unfortunate Events, seeing as how that's the only thing he's written...


I am an ardent music lover. I play the piano and I sing. I sing to myself constantly! I especially love listening to Country music, singing Christian contemporary, and playing Classical (what's with all the "C" music genre thingies? Weird)

Okay, sorry this is getting really long, so I'll go now.

May StarClan guide your paths, and thanks for reading! God bless!

---Serenity---

1 comment:

  1. I love C.S. Lewis and L.M. Montgomery (I love J.K. Rowling too; gosh, why do so many talented authors have initials? Is it a craze? Haha). And homeschooling is a word. Weird, because my laptop has automatic auto correct but it's saying that "homeschooling is a word"... I love music too! And boys... I'm not interested in them yet, at least in my personal life, but I would be lying if I do not fangirl over fictional boyfriends. There's this one song on YouTube called "Boys in Books Are Better" and it just explains my craze. XD Nice blog you have! I'll follow!

    xoxo Morning
    http://theworldthroughmywindowsill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete